Hong Kong Scotland School Improvement Partnership (HKSSIP)
Date: 20 September, 2017 (Wednesday)
Venue: Ho Choi Seafood Restaurant
Present: Archie, Lancy Tam, Cheung Siu Ming, Ivan Ho, Lourdes Yu, Florence Man, Jenny Kwan, Melody, Angel, Helen, Apple, Jackie, Bryan, Grace
- Scottish Students’ and Teachers’ Hong Kong Visit
|Date||Amendment or remarks|
|Saturday 23 September, 2017||· Tour of Hong Kong led by Archie
(Ferry to the Peak and Peak tram to HK park—Admiralty—Wan Chai (ferry)—Tsim Sha Tsui)
|Sunday 24 September, 2017||· Meet at 10:00am
· Meet the host family at 3:30pm
|Thursday 28 September , 2017||· Gather at the main entrance of
Ocean Park (at 10:30pm)
· Gather at Yaumati Catholic Primary School debriefing session (at 4:30pm)
(It involves around 70 people in total.)
· Farewell dinner (6:00-8:30pm)
· It involves around 70 people with around 6 tables. All students should be there.
· Yaumati should invite four students who have worked with Preston Street and stayed in City View.
· Principal and teachers are strongly encouraged to join.
- Two spots: one is prepared in HK; one will be prepared in Edinburgh.
- One for Scottish students and one for HK students.
- 10 minutes each spot, two spots in total.
- Both will focus on the cultural aspects and great value of living with a family.
Content of video in HK:
- Should be made and complied by Law Ting Pong LTV staffs.
(Mr. Paul Marriott is recommended.)
- Interview with the host family and feelings of our students and host students.
- The debriefing and dinner should be a nice bonus.
- Students should present the video in the SCEN summit.
- Scotland China Education Network (SCEN) Youth Summit
|Saturday, 28 October 2017
|4 group leaders should be provided with host families|
|Sunday, 29 October 2017||Arrival, get hosted|
|Thursday, 2 November 2017||Having pre-theatre meal is suggested by Principal Teacher
Having concert in The Queen’s Hall
(Free tickets are offered for students.)
Number of tickets should be confirmed as soon as possible.
Debriefing and farewell dinner.
|Friday, 3 November 2017||Travel to Glasgow in the morning.
Return after the Summit.
|Saturday,4 November 2017||leave Scotland|
|Sunday, 5 November 2017||land in Hong Kong|
|Creative Secondary School||Carol Chen|
|Law Ting Pong Secondary School||Grace Chan|
|TWGHs Kwok Yat Wai College||Jackie|
|Yaumati Catholic Primary School||Helen|
- Allocation of responsibilities
|Coordinator of handling flight tickets||Creative Secondary School
|Liaison||Law Ting Pong Secondary School
|Transportation-booking||To be confirmed|
|Budget-planning||To be confirmed|
- Important notes about SCEN Youth Summit
- All students’ information should be submitted by 28 September 2017. (Passport number, name, emergency contact person and number etc.)
- Teacher and students’ ratio should be no more than 1:10. 24-25 students at maximum. 6 students per school for maximum.
- For Catholic Primary School, there are 4 students and 1 teacher going to the Summit.
- For TWGHs Kwok Yat Wai College, there are also 4 students and 1 teacher going to the Summit.
- It is reminded to buy insurance for the kids.